Posted on

Earthworm Repellency of Sapphire Green

Indigrow Product Sapphire Green Worm Suppressant

Sapphire Green – A Worm Suppressant

Sapphire Green is a worm suppressant product, which is classified as a fertiliser. It contains nitrogen and sulphur and helps to encourage worms to migrate away from the treated area. The affect in the soil can last for up to three weeks.

Earthworm Repellency of Sapphire Green?

A fully replicated experiment was set up to evaluate the effect of Sapphire Green on Earthworm activity.

In the untreated area, there was a good even spread of worms through the soil with 45% being found in one half and the remaining 55% in the other.

Testing earthworm repellency

Sapphire Green was applied at rate of 20 lt/ha the soil surface. After several days, only 17.5% of earthworms were found in the treated area.

This indicates that at our lowest recommended application rate of 20 lt/ha, Sapphire Green was effective in moving 82.5% of the worms away from the treated area.

Earthworm repellency test

100% Earthworm Survival

Earthworms provide many benefits to the soil, so their survival is important.

Seven days after treatment, there was no evidence of any earthworm mortality from the Sapphire Green treatments area; and they were observed to be as healthy as the worms in the untreated area.

Earthworm survival test

Popular Categories

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

* indicates required
Choose which newsletter to subscribe to:

Contact us

If you have any questions, we're on hand to help!

  [email protected]
  +44 (0) 1189 710 995