Indigrow have developed QMP, our Quality Master Plan for greenkeepers and groundsmen. QMP is a tool for the greenkeeper to monitor and quantify green quality and performance in an objective, measurable manner.
QMP provides physical analysis allowing us to understand what is going on under the surface. Only after physical analysis is nutrient analysis relevant. Turf can only fully utilise nutrients with a properly functioning rootzone.
QMP will measure:
- Organic matter percentage at four depths (0-25mm, 25-50mm, 50-75mm, 75-100mm)
- Textural Analysis (particle size distribution)
- Surface infiltration rate
- Saturated hydraulic conductivity
- Pore volume (total pore volume, water filled pores at sampling, moisture holding capacity, air filled pore space)
Applying QMP for three years, validates your actions to be optimal for the ability of reaching high quality on your greens and other playing surfaces. With QMP you can design a maintenance programme to ensure you concentrate your efforts accurately and measurably:
- Evaluate the success of cultural practices such as aeration and topdressing
- Evaluate the effects of inputs such as like wetting agents, soil conditioners, pH buffers and nutritional products
- Results are presented in easy to read formats, perfect for presenting to committees and boards of management
- Manage your turf to its full potential
For more information on how QMP can help improve your golf course greens, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org